Outpatient Treatment for Addiction
Michiana Behavioral Health offers an Intensive Outpatient Program (IOP) for adults ages 18 years and older in recovery from addiction and chemical dependency. The program acts as a step-down program from our Inpatient Detox program, but we also accept individuals coming from other programs.
The 21-session program follows Marsha Linehan’s four skill modules (Mindfulness, Distress Tolerance, Interpersonal Effectiveness, and Emotional Regulation) as its base, giving patients skills to deal with distress, increase interpersonal effectiveness, regulate emotions and live a life in recovery. Our IOP also utilizes Dialectical Behavioral Therapy (DBT), incorporating the Twelve Steps, to teach clients how to stay focused and to be aware in the present moment to maintain sobriety for relapse prevention.
Sessions are held Monday through Friday, from 9:00 a.m. to 12:15 p.m., with breaks throughout and snacks/lunch provided. If you’re attending our program and need help with housing, sober living is available through a partnership with Life Treatment Center in South Bend, Indiana.
Additional Program Highlights Include:
- Small class size
- Individualized assistance to strengthen understanding of DBT concepts and materials
- Free transportation from Transpo South Street Station and Life Treatment Center in South Bend
- DBT focus on Mindfulness, Distress Tolerance, Interpersonal Effectiveness and Emotional Regulation
- Emphasis on teaching and utilizing skills in everyday life, specifically regarding addictive thinking and behaviors, with homework to reinforce concepts
- Experiential activities including arts, crafts, and creative exercises to engage the five senses, to reinforce DBT concepts
- A multimedia approach including newspaper, television and videos to explore a wide range of topics and current events, specific to addiction and DBT, to encourage discussion and to increase effective use of DBT skills
- Assistance with locating resources and scheduling necessary appointments for continuity of care
- Coordination and communication with courts and probation officers when required
- Follow-up with current treatment providers, caseworkers, therapists and families to ensure adequate support and recovery
Chemical Dependency Intensive Outpatient Program Satisfaction Scores
Since our IOP program is the latest addition to our continuum of care, we want to make sure it’s meeting the needs of our patients. We survey our patients once they’ve completed treatment with use, and the results below reflect patient opinions from January to December 2018.
The information and education provided by the program addressed my needs. 4.71 of 5
My therapist responded to and addressed my needs. 4.79 of 5
I had input into my treatment plan goals. 4.85 of 5
I feel better now than when I was admitted. 4.93 of 5
I was treated with dignity and respect. 5.00 of 5
Overall I was very satisfied with my treatment. 5.00 of 5
Why Choose Outpatient Chemical Dependency Treatment?
Adult chemical dependency outpatient treatment at an adult detox facility can have a positive impact on your recovery – whether you are entering treatment for the first time or continuing your treatment.
For those entering substance abuse treatment for the first time, outpatient treatment programs can provide many of the same services offered by residential treatment while allowing more freedom than an inpatient stay, allowing the patient to go home at the end of the day after each treatment session. Therapy sessions, such as group therapy and support groups, go hand in hand with individualized treatment.
For those taking a step-down from residential adult chemical dependency rehab or returning to treatment for substance use disorders, an adult chemical dependency intensive outpatient program can keep you connected to the therapies, support groups and, most importantly, support system that you received in prior treatment for drug abuse.
We are proud to collaborate with David’s Courage, a sober living facility in Plymouth. This faith-based, transitional living facility is for those who are struggling with addiction and are in need of housing and support. Clients enrolled in our chemical dependency IOP are eligible for this program. For more information, visit davidscourage.com or call 574-598-8569.