Inpatient Psychiatric Treatment for Adults
Michiana Behavioral Health’s Adult Inpatient Program treats acute around-the-clock psychiatric and mental health issues for patients age 18 and up at our safe and secure mental health facility located in Plymouth, Indiana. Adult patients may be experiencing problems with mood disorders such as depression, bipolar disorder, anxiety, grief/loss issues, aging issues, and so much more.
This inpatient program at Michiana Behavioral Health for adults stabilizes the most acute symptoms in patients but also works with them to develop better social and coping skills to manage their stressors and triggers. The ultimate goal of treatment is to give our patients the tools they need to improve their quality of life and be productive at home and in their community.
Our interdisciplinary treatment team will work with patients closely to create an individualized treatment plan that targets the emotional and mental needs of the individual. Family involvement is a big part of our programming, so our treatment team works with families, as necessary/available, to help them understand the patient’s illness, what their treatment path looks like, and how to be supportive post-discharge.
Psychiatric Inpatient Program highlights include:
- Initial assessment to help identify and treat mental health issues (HIP 2.0 insurance plan eligibility assessment available)
- Individualized mental health treatment
- A treatment team that includes psychiatrists, registered nurses, and therapists
- Evidence-based programming including elements of Dialectical Behavioral Therapy (DBT)
- Daily programming, including group and family therapy, and daily visit with a psychiatrist
- Dual diagnosis treatment offered for underlying psychiatric disorders in connection with substance abuse
- On-site Alcoholics Anonymous (AA) meeting to provide positive social support for those patients with substance use issues.
- Insight-oriented Group Psychotherapy to provide support and encourage peer to peer learning and improvement
- Our Family Program, which educates family members on mental health issues, our programming, patient needs, and discharge planning
- Psychoeducational Groups that provide information to our patient population by clinical, nursing, and direct care staff teaching within their respective field of expertise,
- Medication management, based on the needs of the patient
- 24-hour nursing in a locked, secure facility
- Connection to appropriate aftercare sources and outpatient therapy
Why Choose Adult Acute Psychiatric Treatment?
Adult acute psychiatric disorders don’t just go away on their own, and a psychiatric program that understands how to treat YOU is just as important as one that knows how to treat mental disorders.
Short-term positive outcomes are always beneficial, but the goal of our inpatient treatment program is to provide you with the tools, skills and education necessary to live a happier, healthier life. Our psychiatric treatment center can help adults get the psychiatric help that they need.
Our mental health professionals also stand ready to provide inpatient care that is specialized for you.
Reach Out to Us Today
Seeking adult acute psychiatric care can be hard, but our drug addiction and alcohol rehab is here to help with treatment programs designed with your needs in mind.
Please don’t hesitate to call us if you are seeking help. Our admissions team is ready to answer your questions and get the recovery process started today.