Intensive Treatment for Kids & Teens
The residential program at Michiana Behavioral Health is designed for children and teens, ages 10-17, with significant histories of behavioral and emotional problems, interfering behaviors, and reactions to past traumas. As a licensed Psychiatric Residential Treatment Facility (PRTF), Michiana Behavioral Health offers comprehensive treatment for kids and teens in our care. The longer-term program provides highly specialized treatment for children experiencing severe forms of emotional distress and trauma.
Michiana Behavioral Health treats children and adolescents who may be struggling with depression, anxiety, trauma, self-harming behaviors as well as suicidal behaviors in a safe, therapeutic, and nurturing environment. The objective of the multidisciplinary team is to support your child in becoming a more successful member of the community by ensuring a complete evaluation, medication management, psychotherapy, and a program structure that promotes self-esteem and emotional growth. The overall goal of treatment is to reduce the need for your child to require a locked, secure level of care and foster your child’s highest level of productivity by promoting a healthy home environment, positive achievement in school and successful peer relationships.
Program highlights include:
- Dialectical Behavioral Therapy (DBT) model with evidence-based programming
- Weekly community reintegration and educational outings with additional opportunities that can be earned through reward system.
- Team-building activities
- Individualized treatment with a focus on group therapy and family involvement
- Comprehensive daily and weekly programming structured for 7 days a week.
- Psychoeducational Groups that provide information to our patient population by clinical, nursing, and direct care staff teaching within their respective field of expertise
- Group Psychotherapy to encourage honest evaluation of behavioral issues and positive coping mechanisms.
- Weekly visit with a psychiatrist
- Fully accredited in-house school program with Indiana licensed teachers
- Access to on-site Acute Services
- 24-hour nursing in a locked, secure facility
- Personalized discharge planning that connects patients and families with appropriate aftercare resources, including medication management and outpatient therapy